Monday, March 17, 2008

Parting Shot [from Smogen]


Saw this playground slide as we were leaving town. If you cannot tell, it is a tube of caviar. How odd, you say? Well, not in Sweden. Food in a tube is quite common. I have seen lobster, caviar, ham, cheese, and other unidentifiable meats - all in a squeezable tube. Apparently, there is one containing both ham and cheese. Imagine! It reminds me of the 70's when I first saw a jar of Goobers [thanks, Google] that contained both peanut butter and jelly. I was aghast. Our handbook (yes, we were given a Welcome to Western Sweden handbook) says that part of our expat experience will never be complete until we truly believe that "eating ham and cheese together in one easy spreadable tube is lunch." Maybe, but I'm still trying to figure out the appeal of fish balls.

No comments: