Sunday, March 30, 2008

Hundar

Upon opening an email the other night, we were pleasantly surprised to see a photo of these two not-so-sad doogles. Our friend, Brian, was kind enough to send this to me.

We would like to thank Brian, Wayne and Maria for each taking time to visit Zoey and Lily while they wait out their days in puppy gulag.

We're still not quite sure what or who the girls were looking at when the photo was taken, but they look good. And that's what really counts. They are in LA, after all.

So, an update. Although the girls had their blood drawn on the 26th, we've been informed that the results of the rabies test will not be back before at least the 15th of April. Thus, they won't arrive until at least the 20th.

That sad and depressing bit of news just makes me wonder where they are sending these blood samples that they take so long to process. I mean shouldn't they have some sort of home pregnancy test for rabies: reliable, accurate and FAST. One would think. But, I must not think evil thoughts about the inefficiency of the dog relocation company. That is, until the dogs are safely in Sweden.

And, yes, hundar is the Swedish words for dogs. I am slowly learning Swedish. Truth be told, a month ago, I started an intensive course in Swedish, but stopped going a little more than half-way through. Both the instruction and textbook were in Swedish. Yes, the teachers would answer questions as well as speak in English. Still, it was tough going for me. Admitting defeat is never easy - kind of like being a beauty school dropout. Eh, Frenchy.

Well, I dusted off my pride (which was gathering dust in the closet) and started a new class with TJ. Once a week. One instructor. Slower pace, our pace. Better results. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks? I'm sure Lily and I can trade stories once she gets here.

No comments: