Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Licorice Forsaken No More



Fear not taikotari, I have not given up on licorice. And what brought me back to the licorice table? You are looking at it. Licorice fudge. With some vanilla and vanilla/choco fudge thrown in for good [visual] measure.

When Corinne was visiting last week, I explained godis (candy in Swedish) to her. This is the bin candy I had discovered in convenience, grocery, and godis stores throughout Sweden. Found this great video of someone foraging at the godis bins. Gives you a good idea of what you typically find.

So, Corinne, Emile and I enter a godis store while wandering about. And there these little svart gems. Corinne insisted that I get them. :) I haven't checked to see if they make my teeth turn black. I shouldn't worry about such things. But, I am smiling when I eat them.

3 comments:

Ren said...

That picture reminds me of the bars of soap in a Lush store.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmmm. Yum! I need to get me some of those!

Unknown said...

A friend brought me back some of the licorice fudge from Sweeden- it was orgasmic! I am saving up to buy some from Nordic House on line- I can't wait!