Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Man Prams



This is a fairly common site in Sweden. No, not TJ and I pushing a stroller. But, a father pushing a stroller. When I first arrived here, it was a fairly common and, for me, an odd sight to see so many men pushing strollers. But, not so odd for Sweden. The country has one of the most liberal parental leave policies. In total, parents are afforded 480 days of parental leave. Each parent is guaranteed 2 months of [paid] leave. The remainder can be divided any way the family sees fit. Of course, there is concern in Sweden that too often the fathers are transferring the residual leave to the mothers. Speaking from the experience of our few hours with baby Emile, I cannot understand this trend. But, if you were a young child, would you want these two feeding you?



And, you don't need to read anything more into this post. Kids are great, but we're pretty content just taking care of two dogs.

4 comments:

Ren said...

Based on these photos I can think of several captions that could be worthy for an Icanhascheezburger.com submission. :D

That baby looks really concerned.

Chris said...

You can't tease me like that. You have to share.

Ren said...

I has no image editing program on the laptop, so deal with these for now:
I has a pram!

Alternately: Tim Gunn baby is concerned.

Daveland said...

Wow...you pushing a stroller. Something I never thought I'd see.