Friday, July 11, 2008

Parting Shots [Göteborg]

Having lived in Göteborg for a good 5 months, I guess it was finally time for me to point the camera at my surroundings. To explore the visual treats that this city has to offer. Yes, there are visual treats to be found. If you like abstract, colorful, sober images. Which I happen to like. It's kind of like godis for the eyes. Since we will be living here at least another 18 months, I will have the opportunity to revisit certain locations through the seasons. You know, the two seasons we have here: Winter and cool Summer. Should be able to provide a complete spectrum of "my Göteborg." This is just the beginning.

So, the first stop on the tour is on the docks alongside Maritiman, the floating ship museum,
which is located at Packhuskajen. There are 19 ships and vessels, including a submarine. Several are brightly colored. Naturally, I gravitate towards those ships. Shadow, anyone?



There is a floating platform between two of the ships. I assume it to be a painting platform.
Most of the ship colors seen are present as splattered paint on the floating platform. How's that for deductive reasoning? The ships are painted anew often. Though sometimes, the colors don't quite match. The orange ship pictured above has at least 5 different shades of orange on its side.



Bold colors energize me.
Red. Anchor. Away.




No comments: