Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sweet Meat

I have always loved them from afar. Occasionally, succumbing to their pleasures. So tempting. Overpowering. Intimidating. Until. I finally broke down. Searched them out on the Internet. And decided to try it firsthand. With no regrets.

Yes, it's true. I made a batch of lemon squares. I've made them twice so far.
The ones pictured below are actually lemon-lime squares. Tangy.

But be forewarned, this dessert contains dangerous amounts of sugar. It's a giant sugar bomb. Which is why I wanted to share the recipe. Found it at the LA Times website. Everyone should experience the tart excitement of this sugar overload. With a little raspberry sorbet on the side.

Now about the title of this post. Can't figure out where it's from? Think early 90's Brit alternative bands. The Soup Dragons. Off their album, Lovegod. Now, for the life of me, I cannot find a video of this song anywhere. Except for a 12" version (remember those) that doesn't really reflect the post-haze languish of the original. But, all is not lost for your aural and visual pleasure. This song also would have been an apt title for the post:




No comments: