Sunday, January 25, 2009

Waiting for the Sluts to Arrive


Okay, now before you get too offended, a simple lesson in Swedish:

Rea = Sale

Slut Rea = Final Sale

Post-holiday shopping swings into high gear with the arrival of the Slut Rea in display windows across Sweden. This isn't just any old sale. It is THE sale. A Slut Rea usually lasts through the end of January. And they usually provide some great discounts. But, this year, they came early (as they did everywhere), but reached unheard of discount levels.

We walked by this store and decided that TJ had to go in and investigate. Who passes by 90% off. Apparently, no one. TJ couldn't find anything in his size.

Don't feel too bad, he has been able to partake in the sales. As is his ritual, each Saturday morning as I sleep in, TJ investigates what is on sale around town. And by around town, I mean IKEA and other home furnishing stores. His shopping usually entails replenishing the candle supply. Or replacing the [poor, sickly] plants that mysteriously disappear on weekends. He is a good shopper. And frugal too.

As for me, I'm pretty good about shopping. I usually don't. But, I did go into this fun store on Kungsgatan called Weekday. On sale for 75% off were a pair of Cheap Monday jeans with a Día de los Muertos skull on the label. Heaven!

But, I could not find my size. Seems like the sizing is geared for all these skinny bitches [and, here, I'm referring to guys] who like the tight style. So, I thought, it was not meant to be.

Until this weekend, when TJ and I went out to peruse the sales. Again, I found myself in Weekday. The sales were gone. Oh no! But, upon closer inspection, there were still tables with sale items. I picked up a pair. It was close to my size. I picked up a second pair. It was my size! Destiny! After the discount, the jeans were 100SEK (~$13USD).

So, thanks to the arrival of the Sluts, I will be walking around town with a Skelly on my ass.

No comments: