Sunday, October 11, 2009

Parting Shots [A Stroll Around Paris]

You know that you've arrived in Paris when you see the bums drinking champagne. Now, had I only seen one bum drinking from a bottle of champagne, I would have considered this an anomaly; albeit an amusing one. However, I observed several bums drinking the bubbly. And saw quite a few empty bottles strewn around on lonely streets. And, so, I can confirm that Paris is a magical place where even the bums indulge in the finer things in life. Such is my vision of Paris.

Walking from where I was staying in the 10th arrondissement toward the Seine, I passed down a familiar boulevard, Rue du Faubourg Saint Denis. Prostitutes abound. They hang out in the doorways. And they hang well out and over their brassieres. For some strange reason this street is home to well-aged hookers; most are in the 50+ range. And most bear more than a passing resemblance to Marianne Faithfull. How delightfully odd.

I embarked on a little photography project while in Paris. Inspired by bad illustrations in an Air France magazine article on French food and encouraged by my friend Pascal, I put my whole stomach into the project. Basically, I photographed pastries with a famous Parisian landmark in the background.

In all, eleven pastries were photographed. Not quite all of the pastries were consumed after the photo was taken. Even I have my limits. More photos here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

“Benjamin Briel Lee was very professional at all times, keeping me aware of everything that was happening, If I had any questions he was always available to answer. This was my first home purchase, I didn’t know much about the loan process, he made it very easy to understand the things I had questions about. I really enjoyed working with him.”  
He's a loan officer working with a group of investor's who are willing to fund any project or loan you any amount with a very low interest.Contact Benjamin Briel Lee E-Mail: 247officedept@gmail.com  Whats-App Number: +1-989-394-3740.

JokerGaming388.live said...

no one notices your sadness until it turns into anger, and then you are the bad person Fafaslot | Joker Gaming | Joker Gaming | Slot Joker Gaming | Joker Slot | Joker Slot | Slot Joker