Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Mykonos: Summer Holiday 2009

Mykonos. I have fond memories of Mykonos. When I arrived there for the first time in 1999, I had no set agenda. In fact, I had only planned to stay 4 days before moving on to Santorini. But having just come out, and being on an island filled with men from all over the world, I decided to stay a bit longer. At first, 8 days. Then, thirteen. Note: The images in this post link to my Picasa photo album with all trip photos.

Super Paradise, drag queens, amazing sunsets, and wandering around the narrow winding streets of Mykonos Town at night. Those were my memories then.

And those are my memories now.



This time around, we tried an alternative form of transportation: an ATV. Sure, you get quite an adventure taking the buses (which we did). And everyone seemed to have a scooter. But, then we started hearing the scooter accident stories. And seeing people with their arms in a sling or bandaged or bandaged in a sling. I admit to chickening out. So, an ATV was the compromise.

I saw so much more of the island than I was able to last time. And we got to wear these dorky helmets.

The nice thing about revisiting a place is re-experiencing the things you saw the last time. I found and photographed a church and a balcony arch that I had photographed on my first visit. Now, these images (with some new perspectives) are preserved digitally. And, I redid the walk from Paradise Beach to Super Paradise Beach. Last time, there was an indistinct path, but, it was well-traveled. This time around, there was a lot of development and a less-defined path. Sometimes, it's better not to revisit everything.

Of course, drinks along Little Venice never disappoint.

And watching sunsets never gets old. The sky just kept getting better every night. But, I'll let you be the judge.



Sunsets and cocktails. Now that is the end of a perfect day.

For more photos of our trip to Mykonos, click here.

Oh, I did mention drag queens, didn't I? Enjoy!


4 comments:

muneebahmed2 sevice said...

On this page, you'll see my profile, please read this information. Holiday Beast

muneebahmed2 sevice said...

The marine and cargo team is headed by Master mariner and well equipped to provide ONE-STOP SERVICE to foreign Shipowners/Principals, Charterers and Managers. Panocean Limited is most experienced in bunker survey. OPA is the exclusive service any shipowners can use for Bangladesh.Panocean Limited is headquartered at Chittagong and maintaining branch offices at Mongla, Payra, and Dhaka. Pilotage service in Bangladesh

muneebahmed2 sevice said...

It is very good, but look at the information at this address. https://mobilemob.com.au/blogs/news/steve-jobs-on-marketing-strategy-lessons-from-apples-marketing-genius

muneebahmed2 sevice said...

The best article I came across a number of years, write something about it on this page. Garmin