Thursday, August 7, 2008

Parting Shots [Iceland]

The postmortem on Iceland as a photographic subject. In a place with unending panorama landscapes, I ended up taking a a good number of [classical] abstract images. Go figure. Not surprisingly, these abstracts are some of my favorite images from the trip.



Close up of boat docked on land. Red port hole. Orange rust. Flaking white paint. A hint of green through the port hole.



Some type of industrial propeller. Taken as a black and white. Heavy contrast.



Rusted part of shipwreck sitting in a sea of rounded black stones.



Piece of ice with great reflective/refractive light sitting on a black sand beach.

These images were taken with my Canon 5D digital SLR. Photos (and full captions) of the Iceland trip taken with my point and shoot camera can be found here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful shots, Chris!
I still have that picture you gave me years ago hanging in my new apartment. :)